Wednesday, June 22, 2011

When We Meet

The door opens and the wind alerts me,
I look up to meet your eyes.
Your steps are slow,
I hear your thoughts
with each one
Is she worth it?
Can I wait?
Suddenly, my chest feels constricted
and I have no second thoughts
Casually you throw your backpack
where I am at
but soon leave out of anguish
I take a walk to gain
some confidence,
we talked.

It was wonderful.

But it never happened...

*Written on 4.2.11

I wrote this on the same day too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: _____

Oh, clandestine relationship,
How is this so?
With no means to touch you,
I am filled with woe.
Pensive eyes, tainted lips,
Your questions remain unanswered
Your patience with me is overwhelming
And I am thankful to be heard
Invite me in, for I am shy
but my wishes are quite translucent
Acting callous to be safe
and I received what you, too, set

~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I Could Draw You

If I could draw you, I'd take in every detail I could notice. I'd start with your face, which is always brooding. Thin lips, squinted eyes and a tall nose. Then your brown hair which is much too long, but I still like it. Now to your tall, lanky self with a 6' frame. and long guitar fingers which I am jealous of. The nails on your right hand. The rain drops I see. The creases in your denim jacket.

If only I could draw, I'd see you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment