Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes I write cryptic little Facebook updates or couplets on Twitter.

Maybe it'll be something random about flowers.

I might have spoken about fish or trees.

Or a dream! Some fantasy.

And then I'll pretend that I was the girl in the poems I write by leaving traces of her.

For instance, when spring came I wrote a lot about flowers, especially white azaleas. Then, I'd just leave flowers around everywhere. Ha. I'd pick them, then leave them somewhere I thought someone might find them. I left three at the back door of Austins, five at the third floor student union, one on top of the slide in Blanchard park, one of the bench by the river and a few other places.

It's kind of random.

I'd like people to pick up those flowers and wonder where'd it came from. They aren't from here...

It's sort of romantic, not in the lovey dovey way, but of the writing period.

I seem to live what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment