Friday, June 17, 2011

Mike Sanders! Who knew such a rednecky guy and a really Asian girl could be great friends? ^_^


I'm going to blog later about yesterday, but I'm just going to tell y'all about right now.

     Here I am with Mikey. He wasn't really a good friend at first or anything, but after today I like him a lot. I love it when I hang out with people I don't know well and then it turns out good. So this is what happened. I met Mike at UCF one day and we had small talk or whatever and exchanged numbers and Twitter accounts. We never really talked and don't know each other at all really, but he saw that I wanted to go fishing alone today. I also tweeted that I couldn't find my rods so then he offered his if I would go with him. Ha. Isn't that great and convenient? (I think he likes Asian girls though and that's why, but don't tell him that. Haha. I'm just glad I could become friends with him.) All I had to do was pick up his truck for him at R&O which is basically down the street from where I live.
     I thought, “Cool, why not?” He then called the place where his truck was at so I could pick up the key to drive it to his place a ways down east in cow country, and off I went walking for about a mile or so with my backpack which included my laptop, swimsuit, cellphone charger and wallet as always. It's funny because I told him “Wow, Mike. You really trust me enough to drive your truck down to where you're at?” and he replied, “Yeah. You're the only girl I know who has a manual car and feels like fishin'.” I then realized he thought my 'vette was a manual and asked him,”Oh. Does your truck have a stick shift?” Surprise, surprise. Of course it does. Ha. Well, I didn't tell him I was out of practice. The last time I drove a stick shift was last summer when Tommy was too lazy to drive to Tampa and back. That's also the time period he let me keep the 240z to drive wherever I want and practice so I could buy a manual car myself. Anyway, it wasn't that hard. Mike has a nice truck, kind of old though.
     I didn't tell my parents where I was going until just a few hours ago, so they're really pissed at me. I'm such a bad daughter... At Mikey's house we loaded up the truck with fishing and crabbing stuff, and I'm so glad he has lots of it! So off to Cocoa we went! It was so unplanned and nice... I just love doing stuff without thinking sometimes. I hope I get to do more stuff like this when I turn 18. Stuff as in just go off somewhere freely. At first we just went fishing under a bridge for bit and I took a nap (I'm so tired and lazy!). We didn't really catch much though. *sigh* I caught like 20 million puffer fish, but we don't want to keep those. There were dolphins playing around us and it was great! I really love the beach and sand. After a while I got really hot and really tired so we dropped by one of his random friend's house. Don't you just love friendly people who'll just allow you into their home? Ugh. It was awesome. Stu's house was cozy and I didn't talk much. There were so friendly. I love my friends. So Mike and I basically stayed there for a bit to cool off and eat or whatever. We watched TV, I played Final Fantasy 7 for a bit and then surfed the net.
     Once it was dark my parents started freaking out and I told them that I wouldn't be home because I was going crabbing. My dad's angry, but I think he's given up on me... Kind of sad, but I like doing what I like to do. :( My mom's fine as long as I bring home lots of crabs. It's raining now so Mike and I haven't gone back to the bridge, yet. We're thinking about going at around 2 or 3, but we'll probably go back to Stu's house or I should really go home. Right now, I'm stealing wifi at a McDonald's because I told Mike to park here... Oh, darn you, rain!!! You're ruining my experience! Jk, I still love the beach and water. It's nice out here no matter how gross it looks outside. Mike is such a nice guy and I'm glad I could be friends with him and just hang out like this. So... chill. He gives me hope that I can find more guys like him. Ha. I mean, the group I hang out with Austin's were the first and only people I have met like this and now I'm just happy people in the world like this are real... you know? They exist!!! Or maybe I'm just oddly weird and sheltered or unexperienced. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment