Thursday, June 16, 2011

I wonder... what am I?

Well, I know I'm a girl. Sometimes I do feel more like a guy though than a girl, but I'm guessing it's all because of society and gender roles!!!

For instance, I love to buy stuff for the person I like. Ha, I spoil them all so much... Usually though, it's more like I earn and save a lot of money and then just blow it all. I don't really have anything else I want, and buying people stuff is such an easy way to make them smile. When I was with Tommy, I spoiled him to heck! I also can't help but buy stuff for all of my little cousins or just toss money at my sis when I'm feeling nice. Yeap yeap. Money doesn't mean much to me, except when I'm poor.

I always ask guys I like out. Then again, it's probably because I'm naturally drawn to nerds or guys who are too shy to ask me out or whatever. My family really, really hates that I do this. They always try to teach me all of the techniques for manipulating a guy or playing mind games for him to fall for me and ask me out first, but I JUST HATE THAT STUFF!!! Goodness, it's too much work. I'm not sure how noticeable this is, but I'm pretty straightforward with my feelings on anything, unless I'm indifferent to it. Go ahead, ask me how I feel about you.

I'm so patient. Sometimes I feel like an old person. I just feel like I have all the time in the world for anything though because my life is perfect. I also believe that patience is the answer to almost everything. In the end, time will solve your problems! Sure, it may not be a good solution 100% of the time, but at least you don't have to think about whatever was wrong or worrisome anymore. I just feel as if most girls are very impatient due to the ones I know.

I'm just going to brag now. I don't wear makeup (except for eyeliner)... =]

I want to talk about something else now.

Yesterday my mom and dad were arguing about what to put on the business sign in front of the clinic. You know, one of those big light-up signs that usually has the name of the business and what not and is by the side of the road so drivers can see. Well, my mom wanted to put "Thang Pham M.D., Primary Care Physician" and my dad wanted "Thang Pham M.D., Board-Certified Physician". They were trying to decide which title would bring in more patients and I'm sitting there wondering why they're discussing this when the sign has two sides... So I tell them kind of casually "Both sides don't have to have the same thing. Put 'Board-Certified' on the east end because drivers coming from that way will care and 'Primary Care' on the west side." My parents just looked at me for a second and then my mom suddenly said, "Good idea!!!" She ran up to hug my head and kiss me while I was still eating my bowl of rice with chicken hearts. She looked up at my dad and told him, "You see? Our daughter is so smart. She's a genius and thinks out of the box. We shouldn't underestimate her so much. She's here for a reason!" Of course I acted very casually on the outside, but inside I was ecstatic... I love compliments, especially from my mom. Ha, they mean very much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment