Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My friend's a writer, going to Johns Hopkins soon. I just know it.

Anyway, she wrote a piece, a short story.

I just wanted to share a wee bit of it with you.

"Upon challenging these notions, I am outcast; sent to my dungeon in Cinderella’s castle, with only a laptop to express my qualms and a man who sneaks in for easy sex. What better way to rebel against the feminist feast than my own creations and electrically charged screams sounding down the hallways? Heaven forbid, someone should have a new opinion, and heaven forbid a woman should enjoy a man inside of her. It’s nothing like my ideal, where a commune of artists and I break new ground with esoteric, psychedelic ideas floating from the brushstroke to the sentence. The faerie-tale love I have craved, where I am truly treasured for my creative mind and eccentricities, is nowhere to be found."

I love her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment