Saturday, February 19, 2011

Poem to be edited

          I just thought it might be interesting to show you how I start off writing my poems. They usually begin terribly (unless I'm really inspired) and I'll have to edit them over and over and over again until I'm satisfied. This one right now is basically raw thoughts coming from my head without any edits yet, sort of like an outline of what I should write.

My aeolian harp, please let me play you
Let me be your winds of inspiration
Otherwise how can you be so beautiful?
Though pretty to the eyes, you can be more.
>Breathe me in, become alive
Let your music play and shine
Together we can make the world a better place
I will lift your spirits, just turn my way
At the beach or in the woods, I will be there
Intertwined, we can let them hear:
everything that is unique
every pattern that should be heard
every memory to not be forgotten.
You cannot leave now and be alone
though it's easy to find other winds
but will any other be as gentle
dearest lute, I will be waiting
]for time to let me through
Stay strong my harp, do not give in
to the pressure of the people
for you were made to play and not work
and I will always be here to help
With love, your dearest heart

No comments:

Post a Comment