Tuesday, March 7, 2023

What can even make me happy anymore? Just the times that I lie to myself and pretend that there's nothing there. Or the times that I forget it all, preoccupied with doing something else. I'm lying to myself just to even have a future. I like what I like, but it doesn't make me happy anymore. 

I wanna go out to eat, do drugs, see musicals, be impulsive, take the risk. I want to drive for a while when it's late and find somewhere I can place my picnic blanket so we can cuddle and worry about getting hypothermia. Or we can pack our bags and fly to somewhere random hoping for the best. Or we can find a log cabin, walk around for five minutes, and enjoy the quietness. Or go on a boat! I'd love to sail and get stuck. Let's do something we've never done or have never thought of before.

I miss who I was and who I want to be. 
I thought dating you presented such opportunity.
But it didn't. 
I'm stuck now.
Because I think I'm in love. 
I'm stuck now
In a lovely home 
With no friends
No money of my own 
No confidence
No hope
Just alone. 

I need you, but I don't want to.
Can you at least acknowledge that? 
Wish I could forgive you
Or forget everything
I just want something to change

Dear god, please let time do its thing
Please, please, I beg of you
Let time make me change 

No comments:

Post a Comment